-Volunteers & Community Service-
The Cazenovia Public Library depends on a dedicated group of community volunteers for many day-to-day tasks. For both new and longtime residents of Cazenovia, volunteering is a great way to support the Library and to connect with the more than 450 people per day that cross our threshold. Volunteers are trained for their specific tasks of interest by the Library staff. If you are interested adult volunteers should call or stop by the circulation desk and talk with Carole and interested student volunteers should talk with Alyssa.
Here are some of the ways you can assist as a volunteer:
- Shelving books, music and films
- Processing new books
- Maintaining public spaces, such as the bulletin boards, magazine exchange, literature racks
- Delivering materials to shut-ins
- Sorting books for the annual book sale
- Tutoring patrons on the use of the computers
- Calling patrons to pick up their ordered books
- Monitoring books on the shelves, keeping them in alphabetical or numerical order
Help out as a volunteer literacy tutor
Our literacy programs are always in need of new volunteer tutors. If you are interested in becoming a trained literacy volunteer, please e-mail our Literacy Coordinator, Carla Zimmerman at email@example.com .
Whether for High School requirements or Court, the Library offers opportunities for Community Service. If interested, please visit the Library to fill out an application. Helpers may be assigned clerical or custodial tasks, as well as programming support. We can only accommodate a limited number of helpers at a time and cannot guarantee that enough hours will be available by the time they are required.